Monday, 22 January 2018

Public Relations @ Camosun

Camosun's Publicity
Rossum
January 22, 2018

News and advertising is all around us and we are constantly exposed to it.

I rarely buy newspapers nowadays, living on my own and consciously saving money, but it is still the one news source that I thoroughly enjoy reading when I do come across one. I don’t recall ever seeing Camosun College advertised in a newspaper that I’ve read, or on the TV, and I’m honestly not surprised.

Promoting or advertising for a school doesn’t seem too important, or popular. If a student is thinking about school, then they will do research to learn more. I don’t believe an ad on the radio, or in a newspaper will draw any more people in. On the other hand, advertising for certain new programs, or offers or changes may be news-worthy.

Public relations to Camosun College does not seem important in Victoria, but could be elsewhere. Public relations for a school could be helpful and needed for advertising overseas, or even just Nationwide, to attract more international students.

Another aspect that Camosun could focus on in their public relations department could be to conduct interviews or stories on graduated or current students with successes and experiences. Local residents love hearing local success stories.


When I was applying for Camosun, I read every single success story on DIPR’s program page to think about what I could do after, but I wish I had seen more, or heard more experiences. I was still very unsure with what this program was to offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Magazines will live on!

Magazines will live on Emma Rossum March 18, 2018 Print production, which is arguably the first form of mass commu...